Principal Research Fellow
Doctor of Law, Medical Law, Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade, civil law department, doctoral dissertation: "Liability for damage due to wrongful birth and wrongful life - Comparative law overview.", 2001.
Master of Laws, Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade, civil law department, master's thesis: "Legal effects of preliminary contracts", 1989.
Judicial examination for lawyers in practice, Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Serbia, 1985.
Graduated in law, Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade, 1983.
Areas of interest:
- Basic branch of research: medical law (obligation law)
- Specialties: patients' rights, doctors' rights, general part of medical law, civil liability in medicine, reproductive health and reproductive rights, pharmaceutical law, bioethics and law, health law, public health law.
Affirmed as the leader of the scientific team that began in the 1990s as part of the research work at the IDN to continuously deal with issues of the development of the theory and practice of Medical Law in Serbia, following the example of Comparative Law and research in this field in Europe and the world; the holder of the award for work on fundamental projects awarded by the Ministry of National Research and Development of Serbia; the author of one of the first doctoral dissertations in Medical law, defended in 2001 at the Law School in Belgrade; the manager of the first legal project supported by the Republic of Serbia in the field of human rights and health - "Patient's rights in the Health Care system, Serbia and European perspectives" (2005-2010); one of the founders and long-time Secretary General of the Yugoslav Association for Medical Law (JUMP), later the Association for Medical Law of Serbia (UMPS), as well as the current Vice President of the Association of Lawyers for Medical and Health Law of Serbia (SUPRAM); a long-term delegate of Serbia at the congresses of the World Association for Medical Law (WAML); member of the first convocation of the Ethics Committee of Serbia until 2014; member of the Editorial Board of the Kopaonic’s School of Natural Law since December 2001 and permanent reviewer of papers for the "Health" section; program holder and lecturer in the implementation of Continuous Medical Education and Neuroethics classes at the Faculty of Medicine in Belgrade; cooperated in the work of legislative bodies in the field of health regulations, author of the Sketch of Zoja's Law (2015) and directly participated in the parliamentary procedure for its adoption; guest lecturer in medical law classes at law faculties in Serbia and the region; he is a mentor at master's and specialist studies in medicine and law; has proven itself in organizational skills for scientific meetings and international scientific cooperation.
- 2012– Vice President of the Association of Lawyers for Medical and Health Law of Serbia (SUPRAM)
- 2001– Member of the Editorial Board of the Kopaonic’s School of Natural Law
- 2009– Member of the National Bioethics Committee at SANU
- 2014– Member of the Ethics Board of the Institute for Mother and Child, New Belgrade
- 2007–2014 Member of the Ethics Board of Serbia
- 2000– Delegate to the World Association for Medical Law (WAML)
- Medical Law ‘Serbia’. International Encyclopaedia of Laws, IEL Medical Law, Kluwer Law International / Wolters Kluwer, Alphen an den Rijn, NL, 2023, p. 288. kluwerlawonline.com
- Medical expert-witness work through the theory and practice of Medical Law, IDN, Belgrade, 2019, p. 310.
- Commentary on the Law on Prevention and Diagnosis of Genetic Diseases, Genetically Conditioned Anomalies and Rare Diseases, Official Gazette, Belgrade, 2019, p. 123
- Pharmaceutical law – Law on drugs and damage caused by drugs, IP. Nomos and Institute of Social Sciences, Belgrade, 2008, p. 175.
- Unwanted birth of a child as a case of damage and liability of the physician, IP. Nomos, Belgrade, 2002, p. 129.