Fields of research
History of philosophy; philosophy and film; mediaeval philosophy; early modern philosophy
Current research projects
Philosophical thought of Thomas Aquinas; problems of cognition in mediaeval philosophy
The year of receiving the highest degree of professional qualification PhD, 2004, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade
Predrag Milidrag (1969) took the studies of philosophy at the Department of Philosophy of Faculty of Philosphy in Belgrade in 1988. There he won a master’s degree in 2001 and got a Ph.D. in philosophy in 2004.
In the Institute of Philosophy and Social Theory he worked from 2003 to 2019. Now he works at the Institute of Social Sciences in Belgrade.
The main field of his interest is the scholastics philosophy, early modern philosophy, its late scholastics sources and the metaphysics and theory of knowledge of St. Thomas Aquinas.. Besides the research of early modern philosophy, he actively translates the articles and studies concerning this period. He published four monographs and many articles on early modern, late scholastics and medieval philosophy. From 2001 to 2004 he was a secretary of Serbian Philosophical Society.
From 2009 to 2012 he was editor in chief of the journal Philosophy and Society. From 2013 he is a member of the Editorial Board of Theoria, the journal of the Serbian Philosophical Society.
During 1990’s he was active in civil and antiwar movements in Serbia. From 2001 to 2008 he worked as web-journalist in media company B92. He contributed to making a documentary Living Past (B92 production, 2006) about the problems of German’s facing with their Nazi past. From 2008 to 2009 he was an editor of web-news in journal Ekonomist, and in 2015-2017 he was editor of web-news at TV N1.
He is in longstanding relationship. His motto of lifetime: if you have a problem, it is the best to solve it.
Membership of professional organisations
– Serbian Philosphical Society
– Croatian Philosophical Society
– American Catholic Philosophical Assotiation
Work in education
– Member of the several commissions for the doctoral dissertations at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade
– Supervisor for the preparation of the doctoral dissertation by Aleksandra Davidović, titled “True Religion in Hume’s Dialogues Concerning Natural Religion” at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade
– During the summer semester of the 2012/2013, he taught a course in the doctoral studies program at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade titled “Selected Topics in Medieval Philosophy”
– During the summer semester of the 2016/2017 academic year, he taught a course in the doctoral studies program at the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade titled “Selected Topics in Modern Philosophy”
Milidrag P. (2010). „Poput slika stvari“: Temelji Dekartove metafizičke teorije ideja. Beograd: Institut za filozofiju i društvenu teoriju, IP „Filip Višnjić“.
Milidrag P. (2016). Post-humanism of The Matrix Trilogy. U Irina Deretić, Stefan Lorenz Sorgner (eds.) From Humanism to Meta-, Post- and Transhumanism? (pp. 307–320). Peter Lang: Frankfurt am Main.
Milidrag P. (2021). Opažanje i čulna spoznaja kod Tome Akvinskog. Beograd, Institut društvenih nauka.