Area of interest
Еuropean integration, human rights, populism, national identity, political parties,
national minorities and interethnic relations, regional cooperation,
Current research projects
The year of receiving the highest degree of professional qualification PhD 2015.
PhD in Political Science, Faculty of Political Sciences in Belgrade.
He published monographs “Minorities, the CSCE and the Yugoslav crisis” in 1995 (second edition 1996), “Serbian Identity in Montenegro” (2015), “HYPERLINK “http://iriss.idn.org.rs/321/”Populism, Stabilitocracy and Multiculturalism. and dozens of articles on international relations, human and minority rights, as well as political relations in Serbia and the region in national and international scientific and professional journals or proceedings. He has participated in both several empirical studies on political public opinion in Serbia and specialized studies, such as ethnic distance, international relations etc.
He organized dozens of round tables, expert discussions, summer schools, public debates. He has worked on various aspects of the international relations, international protection of national minorities, cooperation with neighboring countries, internal political minority problems, ethnic problems in Serbia, the Kosovo problem and the political engagement of the Kosovo Albanians, redefining relations with Montenegro, constitutional and legal issues, particularly problems of territorial rganization, autonomy and human rights, as well as initiatives for change or adoption of a new Constitution of Serbia. He was aso involved in studying Serbia status in international relations and the influence of internal reform and transition on its change. One part of his work is devoted to the political party life in Serbia, the place and the role of political parties in society, as well as problems of corruption.
He was a member of the expert team for the adoption of the Law on National Minorities, an independent member of the expert team for Kosovo and Metohija, an adviser to Prime Minister of Serbia, member of the Serbian governement expert team for redefining relations with Montenegro and for the adoption of the Constitutional Charter, member of the Coordination Team for Kosovo and Metohija of the Government of Serbia, coordinator of the expert team of the President of Serbia for the adoption of the new Constitution of Serbia, President of the Board of Directors of the Institute for European studies, Board member of the Institute for manuals and teaching tools.
Membership of professional organisations
- Association of Political Scientists of Serbia
- Forum for International Relations of the European Movement in Serbia
- Serbian Association for Constitutional Law
- Committee for the Study of National Minorities and Human Rights SANU
Scholarships, fellowships, grants
- Scholarship holder of the University of Belgrade.
- From 1989 to 1992, Institute for International Politics and Economy.
- Institute for International Policy and Security, Ebenhausen, Germany, 1992.
- Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, office in Belgrade (2006-2008).
- Open Society Fund, grant on populism in Serbia (2017-2018).
- Lutovac, Zoran (2020) Populism, Stabilitocracy and Multiculturalism. Institute of Social Sciences, Belgrade.
- Lutovac, Zoran (2015) Srpski identitet u Crnoj Gori. Institut društvenih nauka, Beograd,
- Lutovac, Zoran (2016) Evropska unija i migrantska kriza. U: Veselin Vukotić, Danilo Šuković, Mirjana Rašević, Slobodan Maksimović, Vladimir Goati (prir.) Seobe i razvoj. Centar za ekonomska istraživanja Instituta društvenih nauka, Beograd, pp. 230-238.
- Lutovac, Zoran (2022) Populizam i migrantska kriza u Evropi – političke implikacije. Stanovništvo 60 (1). pp. 1-17.
- Lutovac, Zoran (2018) Populism and Democracy – elements of Populism in the Public Opinion in Serbia. U: Mirjana Nikolić, Milena Dragićević Šešić (prir.) Mediji, kultura i umetnost u doba populizma. Institut za pozorište, film, radio i televiziju, Fakultet dramskih umetnosti, Clio, Beograd, pp. 41-60.