Scholarships, fellowships, grants
- Holder of the University of Vienna: Human Resources Development Program for selected SEE Universities scholarship for a study stay during the winter semester of the school year 2010/2011, at the Faculty of Law, University of Vienna, at the Institute for European, International and Comparative Law (Universtät Wien, Institut für Europarecht, Internationales Recht und Rechtvergleichung).
- Holder of the British Scholarship Trust scholarship for a research stay at the University of Cambridge in March 2017.
- Holder of the van Calker Scholarship for a research stay at the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law in Lausanne in March and April 2018.
Work in education
- Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade – teaching assistant for the subjects Civil Law – General Part and Property Law in the winter semester of the academic year 2016/2017 and 2017/2018.
- Faculty of Law, University of Bremen (Germany) (Universität Bremen, Fachbereich Rechtswissenschaft) from 04/05/2017 until 30.09.2017.
Fields of research
Civil Law; property law; agricultural law; law in spatial planning; climate changes; medical law.
Current research projects
Property rights on agricultural land; climate change and agricultural production – legal aspects; climate change and health – legal aspects.
She was awarded for her success during her studies as a student of undergraduate studies at the Faculty of Law, University of Novi Sad. She finished the winter semester of the academic school year 2009/2010 at the Faculty of Law, University of Salzburg, Austria, and the winter semester of the academic year 2010/2011 at the Faculty of Law, University of Vienna, as a holder of the University of Vienna scholarship: Human Resources Development Program for selected SEE universities. She finished her master studies at the Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade in 2014, by defending the master thesis entitled “Real Estate Registers in South-Eastern Europe – a Comparative Law Approach”. In February 2012, she did an internship at the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg as part of the internship program in the office of the advocate general prof. Dr Verica Trstenjak. After enrolling the PhD studies, she worked at the Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade as a teaching assistant for the courses Civil Law – General Part and Property Law in the winter semester of the 2016/2017 school year and 2017/2018. She was a research assistant at the Faculty of Law of the University of Bremen from 04.05.2017 until 30.09.2017. Since 2017, she was a guest lecturer at the Faculty of Law, University of Bremen, for the courses Introduction to the Methodology and Concept of Private Law in Serbia and Serbian Contract Law. She was awarded several scholarships for research stays abroad. In March 2017, she spent a month at the University of Cambridge, where she conducted research as a holder of the British Scholarship Trust. In March and April 2018, she conducted research at the Swiss Institute of Comparative Law in Lausanne as a holder of the van Calker Scholarship. She defended her doctoral dissertation entitled “Ownership of agricultural land” with summa cum laude on February 24, 2021 at the Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade.
Since November 2014, he has been a member of the International Academic Association on Planning, Law, and Property Rights. In February 2020, she was elected coordinator of PhD students within this association.
Membership of professional organisations
- International Academic Association on Planning, Law, and Property Rights
- Nikolić Popadić, S. (2021). Flood prevention in Serbia and legal challenges in obtaining the land for flood risk management. Environmental Science and Policy, 116, 213–219.
- Albrecht, J., Nikolić Popadić, S. (2022). Legal challenges of restricting land use for natural flood protection in the hinterland. In T. Hartmann, L. Slavíková, M. E. Wilkinson (eds.), Spatial Flood Risk Management: Implementing Catchment-based Retention and Resilience on Private Land (pp. 33-51). Edward Elgar Publishing, Cheltenham; Northampton.
- Nikolić Popadić, S. (2022). Prohibition on the burning of crop residues on agricultural land. Glasnik Advokatske komore Vojvodine, 94 (2), 465–510.
- Nikolić Popadić, S. (2022). Introducing telemedicine – legal аnd other challenges. In I. Milinković, B. Vlaški (eds.), International Scientific Conference “Challenges and Perspectives of the Development of Legal Systems in the XXI Century” Conference Proceedings (pp. 341–354). Banja Luka: Faculty of Law, University of Banja Luka.
- Nikolić Popadić, S., Milenković, M., Sjeničić, M. (2021). The Covid-19 Epidemic in Serbia – the Challenges of Finding an Appropriate Basis for Responding to a Health Crisis. Medicine, Law & Society, 14 (2), 229–246.