Scholarships, fellowships, grants
- Scholarship of the Ministry of Education of the RS
- Scholarship of the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the RS
Fields of research
Business Law; stock exchange law; banking law; capital market law; health care Law
Current research projects
Stock Exchange Law; legal status of investment firms; green financial instruments (green bonds); digital asset market (cryptocurrencies)
After receiving his LLB at the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade in 2009 (general average rating 9.29/100), he enrolled in master studies in business law at the same Faculty, under the supervision of Prof. dr Nebojša Jovanović. After graduation in 2010 (general average 9.50/100) he enrolled in PhD studies in business law at the same Faculty, again under the supervision of Prof. dr Jovanović. As a scholar of the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia, he participated in a scientific project entitled “Harmonization of Serbian Business Law with the European Union” in 2011. In May 2016 he defended his doctoral dissertation “The Legal Regime of Limitation of Risk in Business of Securities Dealers” at the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade. In 2016, he started working at the Institute of Social Science’s Centre for Legal Research, as a research assistant. In 2019, he was elected as a research associate. Until now, he has published approximately 50 scientific papers in national and international journals and proceedings from the scientific conferences. As a team member, Ranko participated in projects of the Ministry of Science of the Republic of Serbia, as well as projects financed by the EU. Also, he was engaged in the implementation of public policy projects financed by international organizations and the non-governmental sector.
Membership of professional organisations
- Association of Lawyers for Medical and Health Care Law of Serbia – SUPRAM
- The Business Lawyers Association of the Republic of Serbia
- Sovilj, R. (2019). Legal Aspects of Globalization and Integration of the Financial Markets – Case Study of Serbia. In G. Ilik & A. Stanojoska (Eds.), Towards a better future: democracy, EU integration and criminal justice – conference proceedings (pp. 160-170). Volume II. Bitola: “St. Kliment Ohridski” University, Faculty of law – Kicevo
- Sovilj, R. (2020). Tržište zelenih hartija od vrednosti – stanje i perspektive. Pravo i privreda, 58 (2). str. 137-153.
- Sovilj, R., & Stojković Zlatanović, S. (2021). Tackling the Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Economy and Labour – a Case Study of Serbia Regulation. Medicine, Law & Society, 14 (2). pp. 301-320.
- Sovilj, R. (2021). Legal aspects of digital asset market in the Republic of Serbia. In M. Reljanović (ed.), Regional Law Review (pp. 297-311), Belgrade: Institute of Comparative Law in cooperation with University of Pécs Faculty of Law and “Josip Juraj Strossmayer” University of Osijek Faculty of Law.
- Sovilj, R., & Stojković Zlatanović, S. (2021). Pravne, socijalne i etičke implikacije editovanja humanog genoma primenom tehnologije CRISPR/Cas9. Anali Pravnog fakulteta u Beogradu, 69 (3). str. 587-605.