Principal Research Fellow
Head of the Forum on Religious Issues of the Institute of Social Sciences
2003 PhD degree, Sociology Department of the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade
1994 MA degree, Sociology Department of the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade
1988 undergraduate degree from the Sociology Department of the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade
- Religion in post-socialist societies
- Orthodoxy in an empirical perspective
- Religiosity of young people
Born on January 5, 1962 in Požarevac. He obtained his PhD from the Faculty of Philosophy in Belgrade in 2003. From 1990 to 1998 he worked at the Faculty of Geography in Belgrade. From 1999 to 2003 he was sociology professor at the Technical College in Požarevac, and from 2003 to 2014 he worked as a research associate and senior research associate at the Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory in Belgrade. He was the director of the national research project entitled "Politics of social memory and national identity: Regional and European context". On several occasions he was manager of projects in the field of religious studies financed by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation in Belgrade. From 2009 to 2013 he was associate professor at the Faculty of Philosophy in Nikšic (Montenegro). During the past few years, he has held a number of seminars dedicated to empirical and theoretical research of Orthodoxy in Serbia and Russia for students and professors of Lomonosov University at the North American Sociological Faculty. He also lectures at Belgorod State University. He was especially engaged in activities related to signing the agreement on scientific cooperation between the University of Belgorod and the University of Belgrade. He is actively engaged in the implementation of student exchanges between the two universities. Since 2014 he has lectured at the University of Belgrade in the master’s program on religion in society, culture and European integration. He is the founder and director of the Centre for Religious Studies of the Institute for Philosophy and Social Theory in Belgrade and the Forum on Religious Issues of the Institute of Social Sciences in Belgrade. In addition to nearly 100 papers published in scientific journals, he has published three books: Approaching Orthodoxy (1995), Religion and Church in the Transformation of Society (2003) and The Vitality of Religion in (De)secularized Society (2015).
- JUNIR, Yugoslav Society for the Scientific Study of Religion, since 1993
- (1995)Približavanje pravoslavlju, JUNIR, Gradina, Niš, str. 177.
- (2005) Religija i crkva u transformacijama društva, Institut za filozofiju i društvenu teoriju, I. P. Filip Višnjić, Beograd, str. 415.
- (2008), „Desecularization of Contemporary Serbian Society“, Religion in Eastern Europe, vol. XXVII, Numbber 1., pp. 37-50., (Christians Associated for Relations with Eastern Europe, edited by Paul Mojzes and Walter Sawatsky)
- (2011) „Возрождение православия в Сербии: действительность или миф?“, Социологические исследования, № 10., РАН, Москва, с. 81-88