Work in education
- 2016 University of Belgrade (Faculty of Philosophy): PhD program (Sociology), Course: Sociological Theory. Visiting Lecturer.
- 2012 University of Belgrade (Faculty of Philosophy): BA program (Anthropology). Course: Research Methods in Ethnology and Anthropology. Visiting Lecturer.
- 2006 University of Belgrade (Faculty of Philosophy): BA program (Sociology), Course: Sociology of Youth. Visiting Lecturer.
- 2023. University of Belgrade (Faculty of Philosophy): mentor
Fields of research
Sociological and anthropological theory; qualitative methods in basic and applied research; family and life course studies; gender; public policy
Current research projects
The Significance of Religion for Individuals and Society in Contemporary Serbia (Institute of Social Sciences, Centre for Sociological and Anthropological Research)
Suzana Ignjatović is a Senior Research Associate and Head of the Centre for Sociological and Anthropological Research at the Institute of Social Sciences. She earned her Ph.D. degree in Sociology from the University of Belgrade (Faculty of Philosophy). Her first position was in the Ministry of Education as a policy analyst. She joined the Institute of Social Sciences in 2005. Her main scientific interests include sociological and anthropological theory, gender, family life, parenthood, life course, and new reproductive technologies. Ignjatović has over 15 years of experience in basic and applied research. She has extensive experience in qualitative methods (focus group interviews) and applied research on vulnerable populations. Ignjatović has published papers in Ethnos, Anthropological Notebooks, European Sociological Review, European Journal of Women’s Studies, Journal of Youth Studies, and Lancet Global Health. Ignjatovic authored and co-authored books and edited volumes. Ignjatovic is a reviewer for international academic journals and Berghahn Books. She was an external researcher in the ACCTING project (Horizon 2020). Ignjatović is an expert evaluator for the European Commission (Horizon 2020 research grants – Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions). She is a member of the Editorial Board of Sociological Research Online.
She vas external researher at AdvanCing behavioural Change Through an INclusive Green deal (ACCTING), EU Horizon 2020 grant “Behavioural, social and cultural change for the Green Deal”. ESF (consortium).
Membership of professional organisations
- International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences
- Sociological Scientific Society of Serbia
- British Sociological Association
- Todosijević, B. & Ignjatović, S. (2021) Gender differences in perception of the appropriate maturity age for men and women: Age norms of reproduction related life events between the social context and evolutionary foundations. Sociologija, 63 (2): 289–313.
- Ignjatović, S. & Buturović, Ž. (2018) Breastfeeding divisions in ethics and politics of feminism. Sociologija, 60 (1): 84–95.
- Ignjatović, S. & Bošković A. (2017) Gender Equality in Serbia. In: Anders Ortenblad, Raili Marling, Snjezana Vasiljevic (eds.) Gender Equality in a Global Perspective (pp.198-223). New York: Routledge.
- Ignjatovic, S. & Boškovic, A. (2013) ‘Are we there yet?’: Citizens of Serbia and public policy on gender equality within the EU accession context. European Journal of Women’s Studies, 20(4): 425–440.
- Tomanovic, S. & Ignjatovic, S. (2006) The Transition of Young People in a Transitional Society. Journal of Youth Studies, 9(3): 269–285.