Fields of research
EU Law; EU integration; administrative Law; health law; environmental Law.
Current research projects
Serbian intangible cultural heritage in the Western Balkans: Perils and prospects of inclusive research and safeguarding (SICHWEB) funded by the Science Fund of the Republic of Serbia (no 1534)
The year of receiving the highest degree of professional qualification Ph.D. 2014.
Dr Milenković main research interests include legal transformation in the context of the European integration process, EU conditionality and public administration reforms. He has also published in the areas of environmental law and state aid. His PhD thesis dealt with the position and role of public agencies in the protection of the environment, focusing on decision-making by expert bodies. He has been a visiting researcher at the University of Bologna’s International Research Center for European Union Law and Europa Kolleg Hamburg’s Institute for European Integration. Currently his work is concentrated on the differentiated EU integration and Western Balkans.
He has been involved in a number of scientific consultancies and projects implemented by civil society organizations. He is program secretary of the Association of Lawyers for Medical and Health Law of Serbia (SUPRAM).
Membership of professional organisations
– University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES)
– The International Academic Association on Planning, Law, and Property Rights (PLPR)
Scholarships, fellowships, grants
– 2015–2016 Erasmus Scholarship for post-doc visiting fellowship at the University of Bologna
– 2015 Fellowship for visiting research at Europa Kolleg Hamburg, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
– 2012–2013 Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for PhD exchange at the University of Bologna
– 2010–2011 Scholarship for PhD studies at the University of Belgrade, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Serbia
– 2008–2009 OSI/FCO Chevening scholarship for postgraduate studies at the University of Cambridge
Work in education
University of Belgrade, Faculty of Civil Engineering
Lilić, Stevan and Milenković, Marko (2023) Administrative Procedure in Former Yugoslavia and the Austrian Administrative Procedure Act. In: G. della Cananea, A. Ferrari Zumbini, O. Pfersmann (eds.) The Austrian Codification of Administrative Procedure. Diffusion and Oblivion (1920-1970). Oxford University Press, Oxford, pp. 119–134.
Milenković, Marko (2023) Ukraine War: A Push towards Differentiated Integration for the Western Balkans? In: J. Džankić, S. Kacarska, S. Keil (eds.) A Year Later: War in Ukraine and Western Balkan (Geo)Politics. European University Institute, Florence, pp. 155–164.
Milenković, Marko (2022) Trajectories of differentiated EU integration for the Western Balkans. In: J. Trondal, S. Ganzle and B. Laruth (eds.) The Routledge Handbook of Differentiation in the European Union. Routledge, London, pp. 551–564.