Senior Research Associate
Postdoctoral studies in political theory and history of political ideas, thesis: "Dialectic of Political Mechanics", School of History and Politics, University of Stirling, Great Britain, 2009/2010
PhD in political science, thesis: “Civil and Anti-civil Understanding of Politics – Relations between Left, Right and Centre in the Political Field of Europe”
MA in philosophy, thesis: “Practical Philosophy of Karl Schmitt”, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade, 2003
BA in philosophy, thesis: “Poetic and Scientific Moments in Modern Philosophy”, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade, 1999
- International Relations
- Philosophy/sociology of politics
- Philosophy/sociology of history
Dr Neven Cvetićanin obtained degrees in philosophy, political science, sociology and history. He has published several books and dozens scientific articles on global analysis, politics of Balkans, the skills of statesmanship, strategic geopolitical developments in the 21st century, political ideology, political philosophy, political sociology, etc. He is employed at the Institute of Social Sciences in Belgrade as Senior Research Associate. Between 2012-2014 he served as member of Serbian parliament – National Assembly (MP) and was a member of the parliamentary Committee for Education, Science and Technological Development, the Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Committee on the Constitution and Legislation. Dr Neven Cvetićanin is a contributor with articles of various newspapers and weekly magazines and a frequent guest at various television and electronic media, where he comments on various political topics.
Dr Cvetićanin’s research areas of intrest are global analysis, international relations, geopolitics, politics of Balkans, politics of European Union, politics of Central and Eastern Europe, strategic geopolitical developments in the 21st century, political ideology, political philosophy and political sociology.
Dr Cvetićanin 1999. graduated Philosophy at Faculty of Philosophy at University of Belgrade, with highest grades as the first in generation. He finished 2001. and 2002. specialized courses in "European Studies" and "Cultural and Gender Studies" at Alternative Academic Educational Network in Belgrade (AAOM). He received 2003. his MA at Department of Political Philosophy at Faculty of Philosophy/University of Belgrade on the theme of contemporary German political philosophy titled "Practical philosophy of Carl Schmitt", with summa cum laude. Dr Cvetićanin defended 2007. Ph.D. thesis "Civil and anti-civil understanding of politics - the relationship between Right, Center and Left in political field of Europe" at the Faculty of Political Sciences in Belgrade, Department of Political Sociology. Post-doctoral studies in history and politics Dr Cvetićanin ended in the 2009/2010 season in the UK, in Scotland, at the University of Stirling, with a final thesis entitled "Dialectic of Political Mechanics”. In 2013 Dr Cvetićanin was at short study visit dedicated to "Utilization of Clean and Renewable Energy” in Changsha, China.
He is fluent in English and has a basic knowledge of German and Spanish language.
- Forum for strategic studies (FORST)
- The European Right between the law and the sword. This book has been published in Serbian language as “Evropska desnica između mača i zakona” Belgrade: Filip Visnjic, 2004.
- The Age after the Left and the Right. This book has been published in Serbian language as “Epoha s one strane levice i desnice”, Belgrade: Institute of Social Sciences, 2008.
- The Political Mechanics and Art of Statesmanship. This book has been published in Serbian language as “Politička mehanika i veština državništva”, Belgrade: Institute of Social Sciences-Arhipelag, 2016.
- Statesmanship of Modern Age. This book has been published in Serbian language as “Državništvo modernog doba”, Belgrade: Institute of Social Sciences-Arhipelag, 2016.
- Deadends of history – Elite, (dis)continuity and legitimacy. This book has been published in Serbian language as “Slepe ulice istorije – elita, diskontinuitet i legitimitet”, Belgrade: Institute of Social Sciences-Arhipelag, 2018.