PhD student, Faculty of Iranlology, Shahid Beheshti University, 2015
PhD student , Faculty of Philology (Module: Culture), University of Belgrade, 2014
MA in International Politics, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Belgrade, 2017
MA, Department of Oriental Studies, Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade, 2014
BA, Department of Oriental Studies, Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade, 2014
- Oriental Studies
- Iranian Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Muslim Minorities
Marko Jovanović (Belgrade, 1991) holds a BA and an MA degree from the Department of Oriental Studies, Faculty of Philology, University of Belgrade and he is currently pursuing a PhD in within the same Department as well as a PhD in Iranian History and Culture within the Shahid Beheshti University, Faculty of Iranology in Tehran.
He also holds an MA degree from the Department of International Politics, Faculty of Political Sciences, University of Belgrade. As one of the top PhD students in all of Serbia as of 2015, he has been awarded a scholarship from the Serbian Ministry of Education and thus participated in a project at the Institute of Social Sciences.
Since 2018 he is employed at the Institute of Social Sciences. His research interest includes various areas of Oriental, Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, as well as Political Sciences. Marko presented his research at universities such as Cambridge, Edinburgh, Chicago, Belgrade, Bratislava, Sofia and Yerevan. His work was published in English, Persian and Serbian.
- MESA – The Middle East Studies Association
- BRISMES – The British Society for Middle Eastern Studies
- BRAIS – The British Association for Islamic Studies
- MELCom International – The European Association of Middle East Librarians
- CIBCE – Centre for Iran, the Balkans and Central European Studies
- „Jovanović, M. (2016). Uyghur Separatism: A Fight for Cultural or Religious Identity? In A. Kovács & K. Šomodiová (Eds.), Minorities and Majorities in the Middle East and Asia (pp. 60-72). Bratislava: Univerzita Komenského v Bratislave Filozofická Fakulta.
- Safari, S., & Jovanović, M. (2017). در کتابخانه معرفی نسخه خطی فارسیمرکزی دانشگاه بلگراد. In N. Iranzadeh, I. Panov, & A. Pourmohammad (Eds.), بین المللی برگزیده همایش هایمقالهمرکزی اروپای و بالکان در فارسی خطّینسخ (pp. 171-190). Tehran: Allameh Tabataba’i University.
- Jovanović, M. (2018). Demokratske ideje i vrednosti multikulturalizma u Demokratskoj Republici Azerbejdžan (1918–1920). U L. Madžidova (ur.), Multikulturalizam: Iskustvo Azerbejdžana (str. 57-69). Beograd: Azerbejdžanski kulturni centar.
Back to page Centre for politicological research and public opinion