The Resource Centre for Research Support is a non-governmental, non-party and non-profit organization which contributes to the development of a social sciences management model in Serbia based on the independence of scientific thinking, openness of science towards social changes and the application of science in public policies.
The RCPI was founded by the Institute of Social Sciences (ISS) and the Institute of Economic Sciences (IES) with financial and technical support provided by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation’s Project PERFORM (Performing and Responsive Social Sciences), implemented by the HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation, in partnership with the University of Fribourg in Switzerland. With the aim of enabling social sciences to assist in resolving problems in society, PERFORM focuses on strengthening their role in the process of social and economic reforms. The Project supports the improvement of the quality of research in social sciences, and linking the research community with public policy makers. In addition, it assists the promotion of the legal framework and approaches to alternative sources of funding needed for the implementation of good quality and socially relevant research.
The aims of the RCPI are in line with the Republic of Serbia’s Strategy of Scientific and Technological Development from 2016 to 2020.
- Support to researchers at the ISS and the IES in the domain of social sciences;
- Promotion of research in the domain of social sciences;
- Linking scientific research with public policies;
- Development of methodology in the preparation of scientific and other research projects;
- Participation in project preparation, implementation and monitoring;
- Organisation of professional gatherings, meetings, seminars, educational programmes;
- Support to scientific and professional staff in participation in scientific, professional and research projects;
- Gathering and processing scientific and professional literature in the domain of social sciences;
- Publication of books, professional and other publications;
- Cooperation with governmental bodies and institutions: governmental offices, local self-management, universities, institutes, scientific, research and educational institutions, civil society organisations, business associations and businesses, etc. Cooperation with international organisations and institutions, regional initiatives and embassies.