Senior Research Associate
PhD 2010, Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade
Master 2002, Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade
Degree 1992, Faculty of Law, University of Belgrade
- Medical law
- Health law
- Social care legal issues
After graduation from the Faculty of Law in Belgrade, Marta Sjenicic After graduation from the Faculty of Law in Belgrade, Marta Sjenicic
She has worked on several research projects, including projects of the European Union in the area of medical and health law, relating to legal issues of social care. In her work she has also been involved with issues related to: health insurance, the health information system, private data protection in health care, patients’ rights, rights to health and social care of vulnerable social groups, quality health insurance and accreditation of health care providers, cross-border health care, implementation of organized screening programs, implications of personalized medicine or P4 medicine, and social and health issues related to the protection of people with intellectual and mental disabilities. Through articles and presentations related to legal issues she has participated in several national and international conferences in the area of health care and social care.
She is visiting professor in master and PhD studies of health management at the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Organizational Sciences in Belgrade.
- President of Association of Lawyers for Medical and Health Law of Serbia (SUPRAM)
- Member of the Bioethical Council of Serbia
- Member of the European Association of Health Law
- “Pacijent kao ošteceni u gradanskom pravu i njegova sukrivica” (The patient as injured party in civil law and the patient’s negligence), Institute of Social Sciences, Belgrade, 2013.
- “Ucešce pacijenta u donošenju odluka iz oblasti zdravstvvene zaštite i zdravstvenog osiguranja”, u zborniku: Ljudska pravva i vrednosti u biomedicini – Aspekt odlucivanja u zdravstvu” (“Participation of the patient in decision-making in the area of health care and health insurance”, in: Human rights and values in biomedicine – An aspect of decision-making in health care, Institute of Social Sciences, Belgrade, 2014.
- “Pravo pacijenta na obeštecenje u svetlu njegovih dužnosti”, u: Pacijentova prava u sistemu zdravstva – Srbija i evropske perspektive (“Right of the patient to damage compensation in light of his obligations”, in: Patients’ rights in the health system – Serbia and European perspectives), Institute of Social Sciences, 2010.
- “Early Warning System and International Health Regulations Implementation – Two Examples of Public Health Legislation in Bosnia and Herzegovina” (co-authors: Wolfgang Tiede and Gunnar Schulte), Zeitschrift für ausländisches und internationales Arbeits- und Sozialrecht (ZIAS), Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, Verlag C.F. Müller, Heidelberg, Heft 1, 27. Jahrgang, 2013, Seiten 70-81.